Friday, September 3, 2010

Sun-Star Davao Crystal Anniversary


Time flies. Really. And I just realized it after I received an e-invitation from the management of Sun-Star Davao for its crystal anniversary come September 10 in one of the posh hotels in Davao City - the Waterfront Insular Hotel along Lanang this city. The theme of the 15th year celebration is "Community Journalism on a Continuing Upgrade." 

Since I joined the SSD during the early 90s, I was only able to participate in a so-called strategic planning once. After that, I missed almost all planning sessions and Christmas Parties that followed for a number of personal reasons. Being in the sideline as the editorial cartoonist of the paper, I saw it moved up maintaining its critical role in the realm of community journalism in the region. SSD is one of the leading papers that has consistently received appreciations and awards. I take pride to be part of it - an institution as far as community journalism is concerned.

The invitation reads that the celebration is an Appreciation Night where it will duly recognize those who have contributed so much to its achievements and successes. Highlighting the event is a posthumous "Gawad Dabawenyo Award" to my former boss Rey Magno Teves for his contribution to the peace and progress efforts for Mindanao.  RMT dedicated all his life in finding workable solutions to the peace and development problem of Mindanao. 


Kudos to all at SSD. Happy 15th anniversary!

0 comments:

ss_blog_claim=c3562d5e8148b278487327214007edb2